INK & PAPER
Risograph inks are unique and each color is contained within its own print drum. It can only be printed on uncoated paper stocks and produces a unique texture, resulting in a hand-printed and tactile finish.
The inks are soy-based and non-toxic, which means they can take longer to dry.
The ink sits on the surface of the paper and can therefore be prone to smudging if handled a lot (like newspaper).
The soy inks are unique to the riso process and colors produced cannot be represented on the web or through digital print (especially the fluorescent and metallic inks) giving a unique print result especially when overlapping inks with each other. We therefore cannot PMS color match, but can offer advise on how you can work around this for your desired results.
Please request print samples if you need to see and feel the process before printing for the first time.
- Soy-based, non toxic, environmentally friendly
- Risograph ink colors do not conform to the PMS standard, but their transparent properties can be overlapped and combined to create unique and unexpected results - for example, overlapping yellow and bright red or fluorescent pink makes orange
- Hand printed, tactile finish
- Metallic Gold and White can be printed on dark colored paper for wonderful effects
- Printed on uncoated paper
The gallery below highlights in-stock inks. Please request print samples if you need to see and feel the process before printing for the first time.
Due to the nature of Riso ink, absorbent, non-coated paper is required. Using absorbent paper will minimize potential smudging.
The Risograph can accept paper sizes up to 11" x 17" in weights from 20lb bond to 80lb cover. We keep several French Paper Company and Neenah weights and types in stock, or a special color can be ordered and delivered within a few days.